The Lost Estate is delighted to welcome audiences back to The Great Christmas Feast! We want your experience to be as safe, comfortable and enjoyable as possible. We have designed the show to follow the UK Government’s COVID-19 policy for performing arts and hospitality, so your experience will incorporate measures from both policies to ensure we are ‘COVID-19 Secure’.
Please find these measures (our ‘Policy’) outlined below. We will prompt you in advance and on the night on what to do so you can relax and enjoy your visit to the show.
In the meantime, if you’d like to read our full Terms and Conditions, please click here. If you have any questions and would like to talk to someone, please contact the box office on 0207 129 7365. They’ll be delighted to help.
NB: This Policy has been created according to Government guidelines correct at the time of publishing. The Policy is subject to change to reflect changes to guidelines should they occur. The Great Christmas Feast Ltd reserves the right to revise the terms and conditions of this Policy and modify it at any time. Any such revision will be binding and effective immediately upon publishing the revised Agreement on our web site. Your continued use of our site constitutes agreement to any revision of this Policy or our Terms & Conditions of this Agreement.
In Advance of The Show
- You may purchase up to 6 tickets for individuals within a household or social bubble. No groups larger than 6 will be allowed in the venue.
- All seating will be allocated to ensure that standing is minimised and that groups from single households or social bubbles are sat together.
- Our seating plans have been reconfigured and designed so that there is 1m+ separation for seated patrons in the performance space, and screens between tables where that’s not possible.
- The 2020 show has less than 50% capacity of a typical show by The Lost Estate in this venue.
- Bookings are only permitted in 2s, 4s or 6s to optimise space in the venue.
- We hold customer details via our ticketing partner, Design My Night, in order to have a comprehensive track and trace system in place.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (temperature above 38c, persistent cough, loss/change of smell/taste), you must not attend the show.
- If you experience COVID-19 symptoms up to 48h before your booking, you can contact the box office who will exchange your ticket for a future performance (subject to availability) or for credit against a Lost Estate production within the next 12 months.
- If you experience COVID-19 symptoms within 48h of your booking you may contact the box office who will make every effort to resell your ticket via our waitlist platform. Please note that resale is not guaranteed.
- If the show is cancelled entirely due to Government restrictions, you will receive an immediate full refund.
- If you arrive at your booking time with symptoms, you will be turned away from the venue with no refund.
- Please refer to our COVID-19 returns policy below for more details
- Entry is staggered into two groups – please do not arrive before your designated entry time. We will ensure 1m+ separation for groups in the entry queue, which will be outside where possible. Please wrap up warm and bring an umbrella just in case!
- On arrival, customers will complete a temperature check and answer a short COVID symptom check before entering the venue and being shown to your seat by a member of staff.
- Customers with a high temperature (38c or higher), a persistent cough or a loss of taste or smell, will be refused entry without refund and asked to isolate. Please refer to our COVID-19 returns policy below for more details
- Audience members will be asked to use the hand sanitisers on arrival, which are also available throughout the premises.
- Audiences are required to wear face coverings on entering the building. Please refer to our guidance on face coverings below.
- In accordance with Government guidelines, we will not be offering a cloakroom this year. We kindly ask you to keep belongings with you at all times and if possible and not bring bulky items such as luggage to the venue.
Inside The Venue
- A one way system will be in operation throughout the venue. This includes into/out of the building and for smoking and toilets. (In the event of an emergency evacuation, all fire escapes must be used).
- There will be table service for drinks. There will be no bar service this year.
- Payments within the venue will be contactless.
- Background music will be played at a low volume to prevent shouting.
- There will be between 3-5m separation between audience and performers, depending on the location of performers on set.
- You must bring your own face covering to the show.
- In line with new Government guidance for the hospitality sector, must wear your face covering, except when seated at your table, where you may remove your face covering.
- However, we would like to remind all guests that, as a hospitality experience with periods of live performance woven through it, The Great Christmas Feast is unique. With that in mind, during extended performance sequences, where you have finished your food and drink, we strongly suggest you wear your face covering. This will help protect you and everyone around you.
- Those who have an age, health or disability reason for not wearing a face covering should make themselves known to a member of staff at the production or can contact the box office in advance.
- Some people who are exempt for these reasons may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign. This is a personal choice and is not necessary in law.
- Should you wish, there are Government issued templates for exemption signs available here.
Our Staff and Between Performances
- Between performances the venue will be cleaned, including seats, tables and toilets. Disinfectant fog will also be used to sterilise the air at the end of each day and the performance space will be ventilated between performances.
- Staff must wear face coverings throughout the event.
- Staff will be required to adhere to an increased hand washing routine of at least every 30mins.
- We have completed a COVID-19 Risk Assessment for this venue and performance and have shared it with our staff.
Why can I only book 2/4/6 tickets?
To make The Feast safe, it’s vital we maintain social distancing. In an immersive event, that’s particularly complex. In fact, the only way can guarantee it (whilst remaining viable as a business) is to sell tickets in set quantities of 2, 4, or 6.
What if I’m a 3 or 5?
For further context – if we do seat a party of 3 or 5, to maintaining distancing, we have to reduce overall capacity by one and lose a ticket. That doesn’t sound like much, but as COVID has already cut our nightly capacity by 60%, we just aren’t able to do this whilst making ends meet.
We’re so sorry we can’t be more flexible. As you may know, in more ’normal’ times, bespoke booking arrangements are what we do best. But we hope all that makes sense and that you’re able to find an extra person to round out your booking!
– The Lost Estate team.
Your safety is our priority. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (temperature above 38c, persistent cough, loss/change of smell/taste), please do not attend the show.
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms in advance of your booking (temperature above 38c, persistent cough, loss/change of smell/taste) you should email the box office or call 0207 129 7365 to discuss your ticket according to the policy outlined below.
We’re incredibly grateful for your support so have done everything in our power to help protect your booking. Here are our three special returns policies:
1. Event cancelled due to government restrictions:
Immediate full refund, guaranteed.
2. you experience COVID-19 symptoms or need to self isolate, or are placed into Tier 3, and can give us 48hrs+ notice
Free exchange or full credit. Where you can give us 48hrs+ notice, we will rebook you onto a future performance of The Great Christmas Feast free of charge (subject to availability). Alternatively, we will hold your tickets as full credit against a future Lost Estate show, any time in the next 12 months*.
3. you experience COVID-19 symptoms, or need to self isolate, or are placed into Tier 3, and give us under 48hrs notice
Your tickets go up for resale on our special waitlist platform. We will attempt to resell your tickets via our new waitlist platform. You will receive a full refund or credit for each ticket that is resold. With the current restrictions to venue capacity, we expect demand to greatly exceed supply and thus for this platform to work very well. That said, resale is not guaranteed. On rare occasions we may not be able to find a buyer. We may also sell some but not all of your tickets. In this instance, we will give you a partial refund, equal to the number and value of tickets resold.
On the night reminder
Do not travel if you have COVID-19 symptoms (temperature above 38c, persistent cough, loss/change of smell/taste). If you arrive at your booking time with symptoms, you will be turned away from the venue with no refund.
Please note that refunds on tickets purchased for The Great Christmas Feast are not issued for any other reason than stated on this policy.